www.wrinklefreecream.nerium.comThe initial Nerium AD formula is still marketed in the USA whereas the Nerium Optimera formulation is sold into all the other countries where it has been approved.
The basic difference between the AD and Optimera is the proprietary ingredient.
- AD contains extracts from the oleander plant in a proprietary patented “NAE-8”
- Optimera does not contain oleander but instead contains the patented SAL-14 which is a botanical blend featuring the antioxidants Bidens piosa and Mauritia fexuosa fruit oil as well as veratric acid from the cauliflower mushroom, Sparassis crispa.
Why the change in formulation?
Nerium Oleander, commonly known as oleander, is a toxic plant that is widely cultivated in Asia and the Mediterranean. It is not allowed to be marketed in some countries. However, Nerium Oleander has been used for centuries as a medical herb.
NeriumAD Age-Defying treatment is a skin care range known for its antioxidant properties contains extracts of oleander. It has been proven to be safe for use on the skin. Long-term safety trials were conducted by an independent lab so you can be assured that NeriumAD is not harmful.
However to make sure that th product was ready for all international regulatory requirements, Nerium developed a formulation that did not include oleander,
The two different products. AD and Optimera, have evolved due to regulations governing what ingredients can be used in specific countries. Nerium AD is permitted for sale in the USA and reformulated Nerium Optimera can only be sold into countries where the formulation has been approved. So far it is marketed in 8 countries.
What is NOT in Nerium ProductsJust as impressive as the proprietary ingredients in both Nerium AD and Opimera Products , is what’s NOT in them. Both AD and Optimera are formulated with:
- No Parabens
- No Gluten
- No Phthalates
- No Propylene Glycol
- No Synthetic Fragrance
- No Mineral Oil
- No Sulfates
- No PABA
- No Synthetic Color
- No DEA
- No GMO
- No Animal Testing
Back groundNerium International has a scientific background and the birth of Nerium anti-ageing products developed out of research that Nerium Biotechnology Inchad been conducting to find out if the oleander plant had any benefits.
The aim of the initial research was to find out if the Oleander plant could help with cancer treatments, especially with skin cancer. The effect of oleander on cancer treatment turned up inconclusive. However, what the researchers did find was that the oleander plant has anti-ageing properties.
Nerium Biotechnology then spent about two years formulating a unique anti-ageing product. During this time they also committed to bring their product to the Network Marketing industry. Before this could happen, however, the biotech company had to prove that this unique anti-ageing product really worked. They needed to substantiate their claims.
So a third party research and development company (ST&T Research International) was contracted to run tests. The R&D company ended up selecting a set of random individuals and did skin scans of them each week for a month.
The result?They found 5% improvement in the skin of the trial participants, and based on these positive findings a new company, Nerium International was launched in 2011, After their first year in business, Nerium’s revenue hit $2.5 Million. By the end of 2012, the company experienced 3,900% growth by reaching $100 Million in revenue which earned them the 2012 Global Bravo Award for Growth.
Nerium AD was the first product developed in the USA. The product line featuring the NeriumAD® Formula is available only in the USA. It is available as both a night and day cream. The creams contain extracts from the oleander plant in a proprietary patented “NAE-8” blend that has antioxidant properties.
When you use of both the day and night cream, over time, you will experience a reduction in the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and discolouration.
- Age-Defying Night Cream, NeriumAD Formula Nerium's first product that launched in 2011, the Night Cream is powered by the exclusive NeriumAD Formula that includes the patented, proprietary NAE-8® extract, a synergistic blend of Nerium oleander and aloe vera. The night cream also has extra amounts of the patented blend and a protein blend that they day cream doesn’t have.
- Age-Defying Day Cream, NeriumAD Formula The daytime moisturizer features NAE-8, green tea and vitamin C. The product protects skin from oxidative stress throughout t the day, targeting not just the symptoms, but also the direct causes of aging, for younger, smoother and more radiant skin. No Gluten
However, due to the presence of Oleander, Nerium AD day and night creams are only available to those living in the USA, and those living outside of the USA use another formulation called Optimera
Just like the AD, Optimera comes in both a Day and Night
- Age-Defying Night Cream, Nerium Optimera Formula contains SAL-14, Aloe barbadensis leaf water, Centella asiatica, Adenosine, Veratric acid, Castor seed oil, Licorice root, as well as vitamins E and C
- Age-Defying Day Cream, Nerium Optimera Formula contains SAL-14, Aloe barbadensis leaf water, Centella asiatica, Adenosine, Veratric acid, Castor seed oil, Green tea, Shea butter, CoQ10 (Ubiquinone, Jojoba esters, sodium hyaluronate as well as vitamins E and C
The full Nerium Optimera Ingredients list is disclosed online - Click Here